We have just rolled our new TLS encryption feature to all users. TLS encrypts the outgoing email if the recieving server supports TLS encryption. What our system does when doing the SMTP connection we issue a command to check if TLS is supported if so we then connect via TLS and send the message encrypted.
This feature is not enabled by default but can be enabled under the email marketing tab then System Settings -> TLS encryption
Here is an example message sent to gmail with no TLS encryption.
You can see there is red unlocked lock displayed. Along with a message saying the no encryption was to encrypt the message.
With TLS encryption there is no red unlocked icon and it says the message is encrypted with Standard TLS encryption
Now in terms of email delivery at the moment does not seem to be a factor. But places like gmail may consider emails that have TLS as having better reputation.
With such rapid development in all streams, there will soon come a day when we are freed from the monotonous tasks that takes hours to complete. Gone are those days when we used to have a database for contact maintained manually, record by record. It’s the same with internet marketing but the only difference is that it is all automated to its maximum. Let’s dig in to find out more details
- Email marketing is a way of connecting to potential clients and existing customers. A simple new year’s email received from your recently visited shopping centre is nothing but email marketing
- All the annoying promotional offers that block your inbox and spam mails is nothing but a smart the email marketing strategy. But it is called bulk email as they are big files with huge attachments and are intended to reach millions of people around the world
- If you are just an amateur and like to explore this option for your venture, an email marketing service team is the place you need to look out for. These teams are group of professionals with diverse skills and very well understanding of the market and customer behaviour.
- Email marketing can be carried out in two different ways – either with transactional emails or direct emails. While the two are equally effective, it’s important to choose the right option depending upon your business requirements and budget
- Transactional emails are usually triggered to those who have performed some activity on the website. For instance, if a customer has requested for a quite, confirmation of appointment, filed grievance etc, a transactional email is triggered back with appropriate response and along with offers and promotions in the same email.
- With direct emails, companies intent to educate the audience with new things like launch of a new product, announcement of new outlets, invitation to participate in a contest etc. These emails are solely intended to wide spread the message
Posted in General Information, Helpful Hints
Tagged bulk email, email, email blast, email marketing, email marketing service, email marketing software, email software, marketing, marketing service, marketing software, SEO
Is Email Marketing right for you?
Velocity Marketing Infographic